iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Comparison – Specs Compared
If you’ve ever wondered about the similarities and differences between iPhone 8 and iPhone SE, this blog post will tell you everything you need to know about these two devices. And before the end of this blog post, we will talk about which one is better between iPhone SE and iPhone 8.
Note that we’re not going to list all their respective specifications here but I’m glad to tell you that you can read the specs extensively from our previous post.
To understand how we arrive at this summarized verbiage below, you may need to read;
- iPhone SE Full Specification & Review
- iPhone 8 Full Specification & Review
- All iPhone Specs and Prices
You can click on any of the links above and it will be opened in a new window tab so that you can still come back here to read the similarities and differences.
Now, let talk about the similarities between iPhone SE and iPhone 8 first;
iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Similarities
- 12MP secondary and 7MP primary camera
- 4.7-inch retina IPS LCD display
- True Tone
- Wide Color gamut
- Same 148g weight
- Nano/eSIM (single), the Chinese variants all comes with Dual Nano/eSIM
- IP67 water/dust resistant (up to 1 meter in water for 30 minutes)
- No 3.5mm jack
- No expandable storage
- They both have 4.7-inches screen size (resolution)
- They both have 5.45 inches (138.4mm) by 2.65 inches (67.4mm) by 0.29 inch (7.3mm)
Those are iPhone SE and iPhone 8 similarities. You can see that they’re almost the same but they are NOT the same.
So, what are the differences between these two iPhone devices? Let check them below;
iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Differences
Despite being similar in most aspects, there’s exists lots of differences (software-based) between iPhone SE and iPhone 8, they are as follows;
- 3D Touch is absent on the iPhone SE
- The iPhone SE camera is equipped with OIS and EIS which the iPhone 8 lacks.
- A much faster 18W charger on the SE, than the 15W on the iPhone 8
- 3GB RAM on the iPhone SE, 2GB RAM on the iPhone 8
- Just two storage options available for the iPhone 8 – 64GB and 256GB. The iPhone SE has one more – 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Different OS, iOS 13 for the latest iPhone SE and iOS 11 for the 8 (upgradeable to iOS 13.4)
- Much faster A13 Bionic chipset on the iPhone SE, the iPhone 8 settles for the A11 Bionic
- Three colors for the iPhone SE; Red, White, and Black. Four on the iPhone 8; Silver, Space Grey, Gold, and Red.
- The iPhone SE lasted about 15.5 hours, while the iPhone 8 lasted 13.5 hours.
- iPhone SE starting price is $399 while the iPhone 8 starting price is $449
Those are also the differences between iPhone SE and iPhone 8. But you would have noticed that they both have their good and bad side. But how can you choose the best among them? That will lead us to answer few of the most frequently asked questions about the two devices.
iPhone SE and iPhone 8 – Most Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better iPhone SE or iPhone 8?
iPhone SE is better than the iPhone 8. Because the SE has Apple’s newest A13 Bionic chip, while the iPhone 8 has A11 Bionic chip. That means the SE will be faster and smarter. The iPhone SE has 3G RAM compared to iPhone 8 with 2G RAM. If we take a look at the battery life, charging, and display, iPhone SE is chivalrously better than iPhone 8.
How to make iPhone SE Battery life last longer?
According to iPhoneFaq.org, do not unplug your device for at least two more hours and also don’t use it while charging. After the elapsed time, unplug your device. Perform a warm restart by holding the Power and Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
Why is the iPhone SE so cheap?
The iPhone SE is the cheapest iPhone ever as at now (May 2020). iPhone SE is cheap because it uses a design from the iPhone 5s, which was launched over 2 years old and it is of course, easier and less expensive to make.
Is the iPhone SE outdated?
The iPhone SE won’t be outdated soon, even until sometime around 2023 or 2025 at the earliest. But there will be Apple updates and the parts may be available from third party suppliers.
Is the iPhone 8 outdated?
iPhone 8 is outdated and it is replaced with iPhone SE
CONCLUSION – iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Comparison: Specs Compared
So, that’s it on iPhone SE and iPhone 8 specification. Will you be getting the latest iPhone SE or the iPhone 8, and why? Kindly let us know in the comment box below, who knows, your opinion might help someone.